Business performance of any successful organisation directly depends on the efficiency of its IT systems and business processes. At the same time, threats to that technology and the business processes it supports continue to increase. Among the organisations most vulnerable to such threats are small and midsized companies, which have perhaps the greatest relative technology risks combined with the fewest resources allocated to identify and assess those risks.
HMM Accountants IT Auditservice is designed to assist small and medium-sized growth-oriented companies.
We assess the technology risks and the control environment as they relate to critical business processes. Our profound expertise in IT audit can help ensure the integrity, reliability, performance and security of the IT systems and processes.Through our expert resource and proven methodologies, our clients realise more effective and efficient technology controls aligned with their business needs and IT strategies.
Our key IT Audit services include:
Our Technology audit service is supported by most reliable tools,methodologies and experienced staff. The key audit areas include:
- Wireless Security
- Database Security
- Network Security
- Malware Prevention
- Mobile Device Security
- Web Application Review
- Data loss Prevention
- Application Systemssecurity & Control Assessment
- Application User Segregation of Duties
- Internal & External Security Vulnerability Testing (link to Security Risk Assessment and Testing)
- Penetration Testing (link to Penetration Testing)
IT Process Audits
The underlying IT processes, to develop and maintain IT systems and provide services,are as important as the technology itself. It often is there that we find root cause for symptoms experienced at the technology layer. IT process audits includes:
- IT Strategy & Business Alignment
- 3rd Party Service Management - ISAE 3402 and SSAE 16
- Change Management
- System Development life cycle (SDLC) and Project Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Portfolio/ Programme Management
- Security Monitoring & Response Procedures
- Back-up & Restoration Procedures
- Asset Management
- Incident and Problemmanagement
- User identity & Access Management
- IT Cost & Procurement Process
- IT Governance Procedures
IT Project Audits
IT projects are a major source of innovation and change for many organisation. As such, the risks to the success of those projects usually deserve special attention. Our IT project audits cover:
- • Pre-System Implementation Reviews – It provides a cost-effective approach to the enhancement of controls and security of the applications before systems are implemented into a production environment. This includes evaluation of project management practices, design of control structures and security requirements, participation during IT system testing, validity of data conversion, audit of system interfaces, and general controls surrounding new or modified systems.
- • Post-System Implementation Reviews – Through system implementation reviews, we can also help address risks associated with new and modified systems that are already being used in a production environment. These IT system audits ensure that systems are operating as intended, meeting expected business objectives, and that the security and general controls surrounding the applications are adequate.
Please contact us to learn how we can assist you.